“You show up really well.”–Matt Mitrione
What I gleaned from the UFC 165 Countdown (Mitrione/Schaub segment):
- Matt Mitrione is the son of a psychiatrist and is a master of head games.
- This part sounded very much like this.
- Brendan Schaub smells like the beach.
- According to Schaub, on a season of the Ultimate Fighter that included a cast of Kimbo Slice, Roy Nelson, Rashad Evans, Rampage Jackson, Tiki, & Wes Sims, Matt Mitrione was the most hated person that season.
- Schaub says Mitrione slept in a closet.
- According to Schaub, Mitirone is a football player whose time ran out in the NFL.
- According to Mitrione, Schaub has heard of the NFL.
- Mitrione gets beat up by everybody in the Blackzillians’ gym.
- Mitrione trains with anyone in the gym with the caveat that they must be able to “whoop his ass.”
- Mitrione is a masochist.
- When your “chin goes south on you,” you become a “jiu jitsu guy.”
- Does the reverse also hold true? If you get tapped out consistently do you become a “let me bang bro” guy?
- Boxing is a forte for Brendan Schaub.
- Schaub refers to the UFC as his “main girl.”
- The UFC describes its relationship with Schaub as, “It’s complicated.”