- a scene of uproar and disorder; a heated argument.
“raucous ideological donnybrooks”
Welcome to The Donnybrook Report! I swear, that will likely be the last time I use an exclamation point.
As proprietor to the site, my goal is to provide MMA commentary (and really, whatever may strike my fancy at the moment) with a side of humor, and hopefully, stir the debate.
I won’t waste your time with an “about me” because I’ll likely only give you the cliff notes about me, but I do believe I should at the very least let you know where I stand on a few things if you plan on visiting occasionally.
Since few people do it as well as Crash Davis, for the record:
- I believe in Paulo Filho’s plaid shirt.
- I believe Frank Mir’s jujitsu could mata a leon.
- I believe wrestling is a tool, not a strategy.
- I believe Han shot first.
- I believe in Rickson by armbar.
- I believe Dallas needs another NFL franchise because Jerry Jones will never give up his reigns as GM of the Cowboys.
- I believe in watching in the prelims.
- I believe Frank Shamrock deserves to be in the UFC hall of fame.
- I believe in not stealing a fighter’s hat walking to the cage.
- I believe The Big Bang Theory as a tv show is criminally overrated.
- I believe Pride had better looking belts.
- I believe Condit won.
- I believe in draining a cauliflower ear before a fighter enters the cage.
- I believe in knees to the head of a grounded opponent.
- I believe Nick vs. Gomi, Bendo vs Cerrone I, & Hendo vs. Shogun should be required viewing for every new MMA convert.
- I believe Judo Gene Lebell is a better sensei than Steven Seagal.
- I believe living inside of Roy Nelson’s head is a tiny Cabbage Correira.
- I believe standing and banging as a strategy to win fights is as effective as gong and dash.
- I believe adjectives like Old Vitor should be banned.
- I believe in Harvey Dent.
- I believe you shouldn’t fear me, just the consequences.